The following quiz is to test your skill in reading and following directions. It should take you 2 minutes to complete.
- Read everything through carefully on this page before you do anything.
- Get a sheet of paper and a pencil.
- Print your name in the upper left-hand corner.
- Print today’s date below your name.
- Put a star next to your name.
- After the date written just below your name, write your birth date.
- Draw a line through today’s date.
- Put an “X” in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Write the number 9 then punch a hole through it with your pencil.
- Draw a big smiley face in the middle of the paper.
- Now that you have read everything through carefully, do only items 1 & 2.
How many of you actually had more on the paper than just your name? People often make mistakes following simple directions such as these, not because they aren’t listening or paying attention, but because they don’t read everything through carefully. This quiz was meant to test your skills in communication, listening, and following directions. My Health teacher told us that when he was in high school he was assigned a 75 question assignment and he did all 75 questions (like a good student). When it was time to turn in the assignment, he learned that he only had to do the even numbers. That one simple direction made a really big difference. The moral of the story is pay close attention to detail. You never know when you may need it the most, and always remember, work smarter not harder.
Read everything through carefully on this page before you do anything.