Some people will tell you that there is no such thing as Senioritis, but I’m here to tell you that Senioritis does in fact exist. Every year seniors are plagued by symptoms such as: missing homework assignments, a lack of concentration, procrastination, school related fatigue, and excessive wearing of sweatpants. Read on if you or someone you know experiences one or more of these symptoms.
Senioritis results in decreased motivation in seniors and causes them to slack off their senior year. I know a lot of hard working students who have been hardly working. Many students have this crazy notion that they can slack off their senior year and everything will be great. Do not, I repeat, do not get that idea. Colleges can and will renege your acceptance if the grades from your senior year are not up to par. Many students learn this the hard way.
So how do you cure Senioritis? The answer is simple: stay awake in class, pay attention, do your homework, and study. If the teacher gives you homework or discusses something in class, you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be on the test. Remember that you have been in school for pretty much your whole lifetime, and you don’t want to throw it all away months or weeks before your graduation. Also, remember that AP exams are right around the corner. Imagine how great you’ll look and feel in that cap & gown knowing that you didn’t slack off your final year of high school.
This is your year to shine, and you can’t do that if you’re not living up to your full potential. Take control of Senioritis, don’t let it control you.
You rock class of 2013! We’re almost there!
- Take Control of Homework – High School Homework Help (bigfuture.collegeboard.org)
- Senioritis (mybublogs.com)
- Students Speak: Making Senior Year Count (bigfuture.collegeboard.org)
- Oh this feeling. #Senioritis (journeyofamillionwords.wordpress.com)
- High School Seniors Who Slack Off May Get A Scary Letter From Their College (keptup.typepad.com)
- Senioritis Sets In (briarcliffbulletin.com)
- Senioritis (mtolleyhall.com)
- Senioritis (reddevilreview.com)
- Senioritis (sweetasredvelvet.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 19, 2013, in School/College and tagged Academic term, Education, Educators, High school, Homework, K through 12, Senioritis, Student, Sweatpants. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.